PD098059 targets

I would like to know about the specificity of the MEK inhibitor PD098059
developed at Parke-Davis.  The 1995 papers from Saltiel's group are a bit
difficult to follow because of changing kinase nomenclature.  From what I
understand, it is chiefly the MAPKK known as MEK1 which is inhibited by
the PD compound, but I assume that other related proteins (MEK2-MEK7)
would also show some inhibition.  Can somebody lead me to a newer
reference?  Mechanism of action?

Anton Scott Goustin, Ph.D.                                            (*)
Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics             T H I N K
Wayne State University                          *           S N O W !
5047 Gullen Mall, Room 5167                *         *
Detroit, Michigan 48202-3917 USA                          *
TELEPHONE     313-993-7688                                          *
FAX           313-577-6200                                *             UMa
E-mail        asg@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu                             *
WWW           http://cmmg.biosci.wayne.edu/asg/asg-home.html
"IT IS KNOWN THAT NATURE WORKS CONSTANTLY WITH THE SAME MATERIALS.  SHE
IS INGENIOUS TO VARY ONLY THE FORMS."  --E. Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire, 1807