okadaic acid quality check

We are chasing what I think is a PP2A or PP1 class phosphatase, based on
sensitivity to calyculin A. What is odd is that it is fully resistant to
Okadaic acid, even at high concentrations. We bought a new batch of OA
recently from Sigma and that also did not affect the phosphatase we are
studying. What I am trying to find out is whether the okadaic acid is
functioning. For one thing, it does not destabilize iKB, while calyculin
does.

Is there a simple test (short of pulling a real PP2A out of the cell) to
tell if the okadaic acid is inhibiting cell phosphatases?

TIA,

Dennis
Dennis J. Templeton, M.D., Ph.D. ||  Associate Director, CWRU Cancer Center
				 ||  Department of Pathology
Fax    (216) 368-1300            ||  Biomedical Research Building, 923
Phone  (216) 368-1266            ||  Case Western Reserve University
Internet djt2@po.cwru.edu        ||  10900 Euclid Ave
WWW http://templeton.cwru.edu    ||  Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4942