In Gel KAs

I've got a partially purified kinase activity.  I know this kinase will utilize
either ATP or GTP as its gamma p donor (is gtp usage uncommon?).  I also know
that it will use myelin basic protein, casein, or histone H1 as a
pseudo-substrate.  I have been attempting to get a molecular weight of this
kinase through in gel kinase assays, but have been unsuccessful.  Does anyone
have a good protocol, or any tips for optimizing in gels?  How about a good
positive control?  I've tried casein kinase II alpha for that without
luck...any info is much appreciated.

Scott Gridley