protein G IP

Dear All,
We found kinase activity -phosphorylation of MBP- in our negative control experiments which consist of immunoprecipitation using protein G and a hippocampal lysate only. No antibody was involved. Preclearing the lysate with protein G didnot remove this kinase activity. Protein G alone didnot have this kinase activity. Thus, it looks as if protein G is capable to immunoprecipitate  kinase activity in hippocampal lysate.  Does anyone recognize this phenomenon? How to solve this problem? (how to do IP with our kinase antibody?). We are desperate for suggestions!!
Thanks, Erno

Dr E. Vreugdenhil
Medical  Pharmacology/LACDR
P.O. Box 9503