acetone precipitation & kinase activity

Dear kinasers,
Could anybody answer the question:
Is that OK to precipitate the proteins from a cell lysate and afterwards
make a kinase activity assay (after the reconstitution of the pellet)?
What I'm going to do is to get protein fractions of a cell lysate using
Optiprep density gradient (an analog of sucrose gradient) and measure a
kinase activity in these fractions using a specific kinase substrate. I'd
like to skip the kinase immunoprecipitation step for some reasons and
therefore considering the acetone precipitation. But I'm not sure how it
would influence the kinase integrity/activity.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Best regards,

Dmitri Poteriaev
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
Biocentre 1 A
P.O. Box 56 (Viikinkaari 9)
FIN-00014
Tel 358-9-708 59405 (lab)