MAP kinase translocation

Dear ALL,
We are currently working with antibodies to fully-activated
(dually-phosphorylated) erk1/2 MAP kinase, JNK and p38 in
immunocytochemical monolayer systems. Our systems allow us to see
both nuclear and cytoplasmic immunostaining in human tumour cells. I
was under the impression that the fully-activated forms of these
kinases should be nuclearly-located, hence I cannot readily
rationalize the cytoplasmic component we are seeing (which, by the
way, is not non-specific as, like the nuclear staining, is blockable
by relevant inhibitors and also primed by growth factors). Is my
belief regarding nuclear translocation of these  signalling
elements therefore somewhat simplistic??
I can't find anything conclusive in the literature to help!
Your wisdom in this regard would thus be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!
Julia Gee

TCRC,
University of Wales College of Medicine,
Cardiff, UK.