postdoctoral opening

I have an immediate opening for a postdoctoral research associate who
will be part of a multidisciplinary effort involving my group and that
of my collaborator, Professor Bill Franklin in the Department of
Radiation Oncology.  I am interested in identifying an individual with a
strong research background in molecular biology, biochemistry and/or
genetics.  The postdoctoral associate will be involved in a recently
funded program that focuses on aberrant signaling pathways in the
disorder ataxia telangiectasia (cellular level aberrations include
defects in cell cycle control, DNA repair, and the response to oxidative
stress).  Individuals interested in DNA chip microarray technology are
especially encouraged to apply [note: the Albert Einstein College of
Medicine has recently acquired the Affymetrix GeneChip instrument and
has also built an in-house system, see Nature Genetics supplement 21(1)
15-19 (1999)].  Expertise in eukarytoic cell culture techniques is a
plus.  Please have interested applicants submit a c.v. along with the
names of 2 individuals who will serve as contacts for letters of
evaluation to:

Professor David S. Lawrence
Department of Biochemistry
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine