kinases PKC

We have observed an effect of PKC inhibitors GF109203 and Ro31-8220 on
several cellular responses after GPCR stimulation.  Responses seem to be
completely independent of intracellular and extracellular calcium levels.

I therefore wonder about the contribution of calcium to the activation of
conventional PKCs.  Would DAG alone be sufficient to fully activate
conventional PKCs?  If not, how much calcium is necessary to activate cPKCs?

Furthermore, does anybody know which PKC isoforms are inhibited by GF109203
and Ro31-8220?  Do these inhibitors also affect any novel and atypical PKCs?

Regards

Andree

Andree Blaukat, Ph.D.
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
Biomedical Center, Husargatan 3, Box 595
S-75124 Uppsala, Sweden
+46-18-160402 (lab) /-160438 (office) /-160420 (fax)

Andree.Blaukat@licr.uu.se
http://www.licr.uu.se