kinases Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 01:37:15 PDT

Dear All

What is the best method to elute proteins from the SDS gel and get rid of
SDS. How to maximize the yield during renaturation and elution of a
polypetide from the cut band from the gel. The method we have followed is to
cut the gel slice around the required polypeptide and elute the protein in
Hepes buffer overnight. However we get a tremendous loss of yield and kinse
activity.

Any suggestions from experienced hands is welcome

Sudhir K.Sopory
Professor and Group Leader
Plant Molecular Biology
International Centre for Genetic Engineering andBitecnnology
Aruna Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi-110067, India
Fax: 91-11-6162316