MAPKAP kinases (take two)

Hello,

Please excuse my previous posting. It was incomplete.

Does anyone have information regarding antisera which would distinguish
MAPKAP kinase-2 from MAPKAP kinase-3 in the rat? We have identified hsp27
kinase activities as MAPKAP kinase-2 using antisera from Santa Cruz
(sc-6221) in both immunoblots and immune complex assays; however, 40% of
the sequence of the immunizing peptide, derived from the C-terminal of
MAPKAP kinase-2, is identical to the corresponding sequence in MAPKAP
kinase-3. Hence, I cannot exclude the possibility that this antisera also
reacts with MAPKAP kinase-3. Santa Cruz also has sera against MAPKAP
kinase-3 (3pK), but states that these products will only recognize human
MAPKAP kinase-3.

Cheers!

Bruce G. Allen
Research Centre
Montreal Heart Institute
5000, rue Belanger Est
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
H1T 1C8

Tel. (514) 376-3330 poste 3591
fax  (514) 376-1355

allen@icm.umontreal.ca

ps. Remove 'cardio.' or 'lumiere' domain from address before replying!