kinases band shift gel

Hi all,

I have questions concerning band shift gel experiments. I am working on
p70S6K and I am using the protocol seen in Brennan and al, 99 using 10%
acrylamide:0.16% bis running a 20cm gel at either 150, 200 or 250 mV. The
resolution I obtain, is not as good as I expected. Besides I also noticed
that after a few hours my gel is cracking at the bottom when I run it at 150
or 200mV (too slow?). What could be the cause of that? Does any of you know
of a different protocol for p70?
Thanks for your time.

Helene Barcelo.

Helene Barcelo